Wednesday 7 July 2021

Mysterious Matariki

 I have been learning about matariki, I have made a piece of writing.


Here it is.


Matariki is a cluster of 9 stars and is also a star in the group, in which the maori celebrate.


One way people celebrate is  having a big breakfast. One meal they have for breakfast is a hangi. A hangi is a meal that is cooked underground, and contains lots of meat and vegetables.


Matariki celebrations also can involve flying kites, fireworks, and hanging lanterns. Flying kites is a maori tradition.Fireworks are a cool sight and happen in July.Lanterns are lights that are also a tradition.


Matariki is a cluster of 9 stars, their names are: Matariki, Waiti, Waita,Waipuna rangi, Tupu-a-rangi, Tupu-a-nuku, Pohutukawa, uru-a-rangi, and Hiwa-ti-rangi.


Matariki represents the season of winter where the sun sets, the crops start to die, the stars sparkle and the cold arrives.




I have also made a Matariki star.


Here it is.






I hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post