Tuesday 17 November 2020

CRAZY CULTURAL DAY!!!!!!!

 Today is cultural day A.K.A international day. Cultural day (international day) is a time when we welcome new children to our fabulous school & dress up as a culture that we want to represent


Tonight (17th Nov 2020) we will be having a celebration and sharing what we have learned about a country we’ve been learning about (I will be doing BRAZIL) we will be performing a play about all the wonderful sights in Brasilia like Christ the redeemer statue & Iguazu falls.







Here is a pic of me!

Can you guess what I am?


 I'm am a Maori warrior.

 Most Females have a tattoo on their chin and males have a tattoo on their whole face. 



If you can read Maori check this out.

11 comments:

  1. Kia ora Louis,
    What a great blog post teaching me about some Maori culture. Does you Tā Moko (tattoo) tell a story? I have a friend who does Tā Moko and he does so much research before creating the Tā Moko so it tells a story about the persons whakapapa.
    How did you performance go at the cultural evening?
    Nga mihi,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Mark,
      I am not too sure about the story that my Ta Moko tells but I do know that it tells a story.
      The performance went good and I was a bit nervous but I managed to get through.Thanks for asking.
      Louis.

      Delete
  2. Louis! I have loved reading your blog posts. You have used expression and descriptive words so well. I am always proud of you and how you love to learn. Ka pai my darling! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi mum,
      Thank you for your amazing comment.
      Love Louis.

      Delete
  3. Hi Louis,
    this outfit looks awesome,
    I wish i had face paint.
    Reid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Reid thanks for the cooment.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post